I am on the Steering Committee for our MOPS group. A friend of mine had told me if I really wanted to be involved and get to know people faster I should join Steering. Well, that is what I did and I do the Publicity for our group and I am the coordinator for the Sponsorships for our Semi-Annual Fundraiser.
The discussion group I am in had a Playdate on the 15th and I hosted it. I invited a couple of other moms that I am friends with also. We had a great time! I called it a Valentine Playdate even though it was the day after Valentines. The Princess gave all her little friends a Valentine Card before they left. I was planning on decorating the table for Valentines but I waited until Valentines day to go look for stuff and guess what, yes it was picked over:(. I did find some cute heart shaped plates though:).
I had my camera out and charged and then did not think about taking pictures until the kids were already playing upstairs. We had 12 kids and 10 moms here. Several of the moms had kids in MDO that day or we would have had quite a few more kiddos joining us!
The Princess was not so sure about all these kids playing with her toys. The other moms told me not to worry that when we go to one of their houses that their kids will probably not want to share their toys either. The princess cried alot when she would see someone playing with something and then she would try to take it from them. We are trying to teach her to share. I am hoping as we have more and more playdates that sharing will become easier for her...although people do keep telling me it is her age too.
So the picture at the beginning of the post is how I wish she had been the whole playdate but the following picture is how she was part of the playdate too.
I can not wait for our next playdate. Not only is it fun for the kids but it is fun for us mommies too - to be able to chat for a few minutes as we are watching the little ones.
We had a playdate that morning and then that night I had planned on going over to one of the moms in our MOPS group and play Bunco. I had never played Bunco before and I l.o.v.e.d it!! It was so much fun. I am looking forward to next months Bunco night!!!
Hope you all have a great Thursday afternoon. Someone is awake from their nap now so I better go get them up and get ready to play!!


No comments:
Post a Comment