Thursday, July 9, 2009

She FINALLY has a name ...

E is still doing well but struggling to eat as much as the doctor's want her to. Good news ... Amanda was discharged from the hospital today and E was moved to the "Special Unit". It was a little tricky getting the domino effect to work just so but leave it to good ole Daddy (Hubby) to work out all the particulars! In order for E to be moved, Amanda had to be discharged. Amanda's doctor originally had not planned to discharge her until tomorrow. However, in order to get mom and daughter together, Dr. A (who IS an Angel, I might add!) gave the OK for Amanda to be discharged.

Why is all this so special? Well, the "Special Unit" is a fancy section of the NICU area which allows for the parents to stay with the baby around the clock (from what I understand there is a bed and sofa in the room) but continue to allow the baby to be monitored closely by the nurses and doctors. This is the step between the NICU and going home. Tonight our favorite new little family should be spending their first official night all in the same room!!!

I would like to leave you tonight with a post of my favorite picture. It was a little difficult to decide if this was truly my favorite picture or not. I was awestruck by the very first picture of E, Amanda and Hubby. The joy in Hubby's eyes and the tears streaming down Amanda's face in that picture made my heart sing! It was certainly my favorite ... until this one...



Oh how I have longed to see this ... Amanda holding her beautiful, healthy child. I love the sweet, content look on Amanda's face as she burps E. E is a perfect fit on Amanda's shoulder don't you think?

No comments: