We traveled back home on Christmas Day. We got to my in-laws around 5:00. Hubby's sister and her family were there along with his uncle and aunt. E was so ready to eat. She slept most of the drive but had gone a little over 5 hours without eating - and she likes to eat every 2-3 hours (but around Christmas she was eating about every 2 hours). Well, I took her to the back and fed her as soon as we got there and then got her all dressed up in her little Christmas dress. I took her out for everyone to see. My sister-in-law took her so I could go eat and after a few minutes came to me because E had spit up blood. We called the doctor's office and talked to the oncall nurse and she said to take her the the ER. So off we go to the ER around 7:00. Remember I said I fed her around 5 and she was eating about every 2 hours at that time - so she was starving and crying as loud as she could. They would not let us feed her because they needed to examine her. Finally around 9:00 they told us that she could have Pedialyte. She gulped down about 12 ounces of that and they sent us home. We followed up with out pediatrician when we got back in town and they feel like everything is fine. It has not happened again and they think she 1) either got it from me when she was eating or 2) when she spit-up it was so forceful that it burst a little blood vessel. We finally got back to my in-laws I am guessing sometime after 10. So the above picture is E in her little hospital gown. Can you tell both of them were REALLY TIRED!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment